Sunday, August 28, 2011

Second Chance

...Following God's direction...

Its so easy to say, "yes Lord, I will follow your direction for my life,I will listen to your calling, and your will", but when it comes down to showtime my nerves start to surface,doubt, and failure starts to creep up in my heart.

After praying about where I want to go to college (and what my major will be!!) I feel so ready to pursue those dreams and make them reality.  So, I started the first step to my process at Tulsa Community College. And a week ago I started a fast track English class and when the time came for me to start classes fear crept up in my heart.  I all of a sudden remembered my the time I failed at Oral Roberts University. I dropped out of school, I could not study and stay focused on the goal of making good grades. So five years ago I just.....quit.  It was that easy to just stop and say, " I give up and I can't do this."  Those same thoughts came flooding back to me as I try and write my second essay. I said to myself, "it would be so easy to just give up, but how amazing is it that I am given a second change to pursue God's calling on me life."

I'm so thankful for the promise that God still directs my path and yes, has a plan for my family!  I found this verse in 1 Corinthians 7 very encouraging to me these past few weeks.

"Where you are right now is God's place for you.  Live and obey and love and believe right there."

...Fear, quitting, and failure are not an option, only Gods grace and abundance is...


  Taking this life and God's process for us one day at a time is okay.  For where YOU are is RIGHT where God wants you.

I'm relieved. I'm happy and joyful knowing this path I'm on is where God is calling me.. my second chance!




No comments:

Post a Comment